Our customer who is currently building a tank and additional boil-off gas facilities in Zeebrugge in the North of Belgium, is looking for a Construction Manager. The project includes an LNG tank of 180 000 m³ capacity, 4 new reciprocating boil-off gas compressors and technical installations.
- Technical Master degree (or equivalent by experience) in construction management, engineering or related field, specialized in overseeing and directing a strongly piping oriented project during execution phase up to completion, with strong technical, organisational and communication skills to oversee and expedite the progress of the project in direct relationship with your project team, the engineering back-office and the (sub)contractors on site.
- The mission will consist in the in-depth review of the project deliverables, the coordination and management of the piping/steel/mechanical (sub)contractors complying with the technical and contractual specifications of the project and meeting the overall project schedule.
- You will be responsible for the organisation, implementation and scheduling of the project.
- Analysing, managing and mitigating all kinds of risks (technical, schedule, financial…) will be essential.
- Mobilization: Direct on site
- Duration: Approximately 8 months
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experiences in piping oriented construction management, preferably in Oil & Gas, Chemical and/or Power Generation industry.
- Strong leadership and human resources management skills with large competency in conflict and crisis management and ability to plan and see the “big picture”.
- Broad knowledge and experiences in the detailed design, construction and commissioning of following systems:
- ASME (or at least equivalent construction codes) stainless and carbon steel piping and steel structures;
- mechanical equipment such as reciprocating compressors and LNG pumps;
- firefighting equipment such as deluge systems, foam generators and dry chemical skids
- Broad knowledge of building projects, construction details and relevant rules, regulation, standards and industry best practices to ensure a qualitative preparation, follow-up and coordination of the following activities:
- welding and installation of piping, fittings, accessories (such as valves and instruments) and steel structures;
- cleaning, pressure testing, insulation and drying of piping
- MS Office and MS Project. Microstation and/or AutoCad
- English. Knowledge of Dutch and/or Spanish is an added value.